Any news on the progress of this little gems release?

An open forum for discussions about just about anything

Any news on the progress of this little gems release?

Postby Moregroth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:08 am

I have a name picked out and the classes i want. I even know the name of the first guild Im gonna join. ::cough Fallen Bar Knights cough:: :D
Moregroth
Mulch Hauler
Mulch Hauler

Re: Any news on the progress of this little gems release?

Postby KageNoOni » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:22 pm

An Alpha is expected to be coming out soon, with in the next couple months with any luck. How ever, this is a skill based game rather than class based. You pick the skills you want to use for your build, so you can effectively create your own class by specializing in the skills you want your build to use.

I too hope to be able to play this game rather soon. It looks like it will rock. :)
KageNoOni
Mulch Hauler
Mulch Hauler

Postby Valandil » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 am

Moregroth wrote:I have a name picked out and the classes i want. I even know the name of the first guild Im gonna join. ::cough Fallen Bar Knights cough:: :D

Pfffft FBK

:P

Our respective guilds will be great friends, I'm sure. :)
Valandil
Weed Puller
Weed Puller

Postby Llarlen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm

KageNoOni wrote:An Alpha is expected to be coming out soon, with in the next couple months with any luck. ...

Although we'd be very happy to give such an estimate, I'm sorry we can't. We don't have the time to develop full-time for FPG and do this in our free time (all of us got their jobs, school and whatnot). We are constantly coding, improving design and slowly working to the ultimate goal of SoN, but there will be several smaller steps along the way with CoD being the first. Once we get close enough to the MMO, we'll let you know, but I doubt it will be in the next couple of months.
To get to the above conclusions you need sugar, looots of sugar ....... and butterflies!
Llarlen
Botanist
Botanist

Postby KageNoOni » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 am

I got that information from a blog post by Citrine, who said you would likely have an alpha for CoD in the early summer, followed by an alpha for SoN, so that was what I was going by. Unfortunately, my search for the exact spot where I saw that has been thwarted, so I can't give you a link. Oh well, considering CoD's alpha was delayed, it makes sense that SoN which is a much larger and more complex project would be delayed as well.
KageNoOni
Mulch Hauler
Mulch Hauler

Postby freewaydog » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

You know what? It seems like this project, as every other promised project I have seen, is just not going to happen. Ppl like to talk big & promise a lot of nice things, but then frustratingly enough, for some reason(s) or another, the reality is it just never comes to be & ppl abandon that project. :( Seems that ppl are focusing on other things now, such as the tower defense game, an Asteroid-like arcade game, and that other game, but sadly, SoN is getting & going nowhere. I wish it WOULD come to be, but then, I am reminded time & time again, I ain't gonna get what I want.
freewaydog
Mulch Hauler
Mulch Hauler

Return to An Open Field